Monday, May 29, 2006

Men's Retreat

This week, June 1- 3, I am going to a Men's Retreat called Apostolic Man. I went to one three or four years ago and enjoyed it, but I am not one for camp meetings or rallies or what have you. I enjoy myself when I am there, but never think of going. I am going to this one because I think I am spending too much time at home. "Cacooning" as they call it. You see, I work in a very social environment and by the time I get home I am played out. I've done all the talking, etc I really want to. My wife has her hands full with her schooling and part-time job, and likes to relax at home as well. But there is only so much of home you can take before the four walls seem to start closing in, so I am off for some Christian fellowship. My wife went to a Ladies Retreat for a few days last week.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: